Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Standing up in the bath

Hello

Avas latest trick seems to be standing up in the bath! Yikes!!!

Any advice on how to stop her?! I say no etc and she just grins at me!!!!

Replies

• Sorry no real advice but Riley always does this. We just tell him to sit down but then it turns into a bit of a game! We've got a bath mat though to help prevent him from slipping when he does stand. x
  • Yeah we have the mat too but its still so scary!! She managed to slip today while trying to get up (even while we were holding her) and got a face full of water... even that didn't put her off!
  • I had this problem, when my dd was bout 14 months, she always stand up in the bath,she did slip over a couple of times and one day bumped her head quite badly but even that didnt stop her trying to stand up. and she'd ignor me when I told her not to, It might sound a bit mean but she hates having water splashed on her so ever time she stood up I squirted her with the shower, she soon got the message and now doesnt even thing to try it. I was worried it might make her scared of the shower and it did for a while but now she lovers her showers (as long at the water comes from above her head) and still sits quite happily in the bath while the showers on
  • My lo does it too so I got a none slip bathmat & pretty much leave her to it. I bought some bath crayons & that usually keeps her sat down as she loves to draw with them.
  • baby fox i did a similar thing to hayden when he found he could reach the faucet with his mouth and tryed to drink the drips, i poured water over his face every timr he did it and he soon stopped!! cruel to be kind.
    re the standing, not sure what you could try sorry, hayden stands lots still and he is nearly 2, he even slides down the ends of the bath making big waves and laughs.