Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Swallowing toothpaste!

My daughter is going to turn 3 soon. She cleans her teeth beautifully apart from the fact theat she sucks off the toothpaste from the brush.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can get her to clean her teeth and spit the toothpaste out afterwards?

Thank you
A x

Replies

• Options
    sorry no ideas but my daughter is the same, she will be 3 at the end of october, i dont think it is harmful to swallow as all the childrens toothpastes contain lower levels of flouride.
  • Options
    hayley is right, its safe for your daughter to swallow it if you use childrens toothpaste, however, my son who will be 3 in september, is learning to spit it out by singing the cbeebies brush your teeth song. If you haven't heard it, its sung to the tune of hokey cokey and the chorus goes " oh brush your teeth in circles (x3) then SPIT the toothpaste out" and instead of saying spit you blow a raspberry into the sink. It might be worth a try on your wee girl! Good luck x
  • Options
    fab idea funky, you are a fountain of knowledge! better get my best singing voice into practice.
  • Options
    Great idea, I will try that tonight!
    Thank you