Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

why is he suddenly doing this?

joseph is 11 months old nearly and has started to wake in the night for his milk? he eats well during the day and i have tried to increase his milk during the day incase this is the reason but he wont have it yet wakes at 2 or 4am. its driving me mad as i have to work shifts and i thought we were over all this! any ideas? x

Replies

• Hi Hayley, how long has he been waking for ? Are you sure its really hunger, have you tried water ? I would suggest slowly reducing the milk you offer by 1/2oz every few days and see if it is more of a habit. The only other thing I can think of is to check he is getting enough carbs and protien ?
  • If he has been sleeping through before hand I wouldnt have thought he is starting to wake now for milk.
    Are his teeth coming through? Or maybe his nappy gets too wet - have you tired the next size up in nappies. That might help.
    But if he is in the habit now he will wake up and know he'll get milk, like Niki said decrease the amount of milk every few nights then cut it out and try controlled crying. He will eventually settle, it might take a few sleepless nights but its worth it in the long run.