Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleep / Big bed problems

Hi

My DD turned 2 today and I have been trying her in a proper bed for the last two nights as I desperately need the cot for DD2 who is a large 4 month old who is currently sleeping in a travel cot.

Night 1 DD ran around her room like a maniac at 9.30 I went into her room cuddled her to sleep and she went off till 8 am next morning. I was really pleased.

Night 2 (last night) I put her to bed read loads of stories and she ran around and played at 10 I tried to cuddle her to sleep and she was having none of it. After putting her back into bed 27 times I gave up and put her in the cot. I was very tired so was she and she went to sleep within 5 mins.

Speaking to a few friends and having a brief read on here I thought it was best to put her to bed tonight and ignore her. She was very tired today as only had 20 min nap. Well DH went up half an hour ago and she'd removed her pjs and nappy and broken a wooden toy box. She is still running around with no intention of going to sleep.

How long should I 'ignore' her or what can I do to get her to sleep? I really don't want or can't afford to buy a second cot.

Please Help!

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    I've not quite got to this stage yet but I've been thinking about it lately. (planning bedroom)
    Do you have guard rails on her bed? I was looking at these the other day and thnking that maybe it would help the transition from cot to bed as there's still a bit of "side"?
    xxx