Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

not doing...

hi my son is 15 months old hes not walking yet i know i shouldnt worry to much he pulls himself up and now walks along the furniture so i guess it wont take long??? he sleeps alot to and canrt eat himself either when i say canrt eat himself i mean he knows what to do with a spoon and can put it in his mouth but carnt put food on it. It is my fault caz i dont let him practise;-( i know i should but its a messy game and there isnt enough time so sometimes i try to rush mealtimes i know i shouldnt its hard. he is saying some words now and we encourage this he is going to a childminders today for the first time(a new one) she has a girl who is a bit older so im hoping he may follow although hes only going 1 day a week what do you think??? plz any advice you know what these things are like they can drive you mad!!!!

Replies

• My lo is 16 months now and has only been walking for about 6 weeks He walked loads holding onto furniture and gradually just started doing it on his own. He's only been feeding himself with a spoon properly for about the last 4 weeks - he'll not let me help him now! And it is so much quicker when i do it but he's got to learn - if I want to go faster i'll use an extra spoon!
    I'm sure your lo will start soon
  • hi my lo is 21months and has only een walking since about 15months. she walked round the furniture for ages. she is quite a good wee speaker but when it came to things like feeding herself she hasnt long grasped it. i know its easy for other people to say not to worry but im sure he is fine and one day he will just walk to you. thas what my lo did. now there is no stopping her.lol
  • Hi hun, I wouldnt be too worried about it. Isaac is now 17 months and he is still not walking, he has seen a paediatrician and is being referred for physio (which will take ages as there are apparantly no paediatric physios in post where I live at the mo), the reason he was seen by the paediatrician is becuase he hadnt progressed since he was about 11 1/2 months, he started cruising then and had moved no further since he was also cruising on his tip toes and tripping over his feet alot so they wanted to see him to rule things out, anyway he does have hypermobility which is where the joints are too mobile and dont support very well, it isnt serious and as he gets older his joints will lose some of the mobility so it will make it easier for him. If your lo is making progress then I really wouldnt worry about it.