Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice please....

hi, last night lolah was walking through from the bathroom to the hall and think she caught her toes on the door frame as she fell over and really creamed, gave her cuddles and she got up to walk and was walking, limping and crying. then she had a bath and when she got out her walking was fine. shes been really clingy all day and wingy and this evening she tripped over hubbys foot cried loads again and when she walked she started limping again! she limped over to me and she was holing her right foot up to me as if it hurt but when she got up to walk to hubby she was limping on her left leg. dont know what to do, as shes not limping all the time its only for a little while after she falls over?? shes 17mths old. please help... :\?

Replies

• hi hun, she has been walking fine today, took her to toddler group and was her usual clingy self, i will see how she goes this afternoon, it only comes on every now and again and i know if i take her to the gp she wont be doin it and i will feel like im wasting their time. xxx
  • ah bless her

is their any bruising or swelling on her toes? can she wriggle them ok? if you hold her foot and bend her toes in turn, does she wince at all?

If she did happen to break her toe, where its an adult or a child, they wouldnt be able to plaster it. Like frilly said, it would be painful to walk on. Could be bruising or just a muscle injury.

does she only limp after she falls over? Just wondering if it was a bit of a shock, and now associates limping after she falls over.

The enxt time she falls and limps, watch her body language and her facial expressions tos ee if she is ok. She could also just be miling the attnetion everytime she falls over by limping! Children are very clever at such things!

I personally would jsut keep an eye on her. If she appears in pain offer her calpol. If she is happy to walk or run on it I would say she is fine. If its swollen then you could always give the gp a call and speak to them over the phone