Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Vitamins for children

Hi all, just wondering when children start having the vitimins you can buy? I'm not quite sure, and do they have to take them?
My lo is 17 months he is probably a bit young at the moment. :\?

Replies

• Hi, i put my lo on a liqiud multivitamin drops called Abidec since she was about 11 months old because she kept getting colds over and over again so i went to boots and asked which one to give her and they suggested this one. She is now 15 mths old and It has worked brilliantly, she has had just 1 cold since she started taking them and that was a couple of weeks ago and everyone has had it. I think i will finsh this bottle and give her a break from them as i don't think babies should take them all the time but it doesn't do any harm and it has def helped Emma. Hope this helps. x
  • hi. if still breast feeding at 6 months then the current advice is that you put vitamin drops in babies milk as at this time a breastfed babies iron stores start to go. where a in formula milk it is all there. with all my kids i put them on vitamins every 4-6 months just to help fight off any colds. it doesn't do them any harm. xxxx
  • nobody told me to give lo vits at 6m image i bf for 11m and didnt give any, have been thinking about giving him some recently as he seems a bit off his food, so will check out the ones suggested. xxx
  • okay thanx, I think he is doing fine actually, I just remember taking them and didn't know if he should!