Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

No more Dummy

My little girl is so grown up. She is 2 years 8 months and she gave me her dummy on Wednesday and said Mummy I don't need it anymore. I took her dummy and said that is ok and are you going to go to bed without it tonight and she said Yes. It got to bedtime and I said are we going to choose a teddy to take to bed as well as her comfort blankets and no dummy and she agreed and went to bed and slept no bother without her dummy. She did ask for it the next morning and I made a joke out of it and told her that she is a big girl and she doesn't have one anymore. She laughed. That day she had her nap without it as well so I knew that was her off it for good. We took her yesterday to see her playgroup which is going in September and she came back and said lets throw my dummy in the bin. I couldn't believe it but I let her do it. I did take it out again because I wanted to put it in her keepsake box. I can't believe I didn't have to wean her off the dummy. It was the easiest ever lol. I was dreading it and she has so much going on at the minute so I didn't pressurise her. She is not long out of cast with a broken leg and in June she is getting an insulin pump for her Diabetes. With so much going on I didn't find it fair to start taking her off it as is was a good comforter. She decided to make that decision herself.

I can't believe how quick time flies. From giving up the dummy herself to going to see her playgroup I feel my baby is definately growing up.

Pointless post I know sorry lol.

Louise

Replies

• Aaw bless! She sounds so grown up! Nice that you didn't have to wean her off it though.

My lo is also starting playgroup in September, the time goes so fast! x
  • That is fab! I wish my lo would give his up so easily lol! He is 2 years 4 months and I'm planning on getting rid of his this summer but I'm dreading it!

Sounds like you have a fab little lady on your hands! x
  • Hahaha. She sounds awesome, what a little grown-up. Hope she settles well into playgroup.

Liz x
  • Lucky you. And well done Kara. I hope it's as easy for me (although I strongly suspect it won't be !) S x