Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Childcare vouchers when on maternity

As we are now ttc number two I wonderd if anyone knew much about child care vouchers when on maternity leave. Lily goes to nusery two days a week and I do the salary sacrifce thing to get my child care vouchers. But when I fall pregnant again should I stop claiming the vouchers as is it better not to 'loose' the money I scarifice from my salary while on maternity leave? I know my maternity pay is based on what I earn at a certain point duirng the pregnancy so I would have to let the company that run the voucher scheme know. I hope this makes sense!
Thanks!

xx

Also posted in baby.

Replies

• I think I remember reading that it is better to stop the vouchers by the time of the qualifying period as you will get more from basing your maternity on full pay than you would save on tax through the vouchers. Might be best to ring up your voucher company to check this though as we have not doen this ourselves yet and I am just basing my info on what I have read x