Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bottles and beakers

Dos your toddler still have a bottle? Isaac (2 1/2) and Tyler (1) still have bottles and I cant get them to drink out of beakers. J went onto a beaker at about 2ish fine - no probs but I cant get them to switch.

Any ideas???

Elaine & boys xx

Replies

• Shea did have his milk in a bottle until recently but now's messing with it so I changed to beaker

Shea also likes to use his "Doidy" cup which they are selling at his nursery, he's really good with it but sometimes get excited and spills it!!

If you google it, you should find some reviews on them - brilliant invention!!
  • Charlotte stopped having bottles at about 8 or 9 months (seems so long ago can't quite remember)!

She was teething quite badly and refused them so we put her on a Doidy cup. Messy but at least she had some milk. Now she has a spouted cup so she can feed herself with virtually no mess.
  • Elaine im the same with my 2 boys leo 22 months and james 1, they love there bottles and ive tried every cup going to get them to change but ythey wont, my hubby keeps twining about all the cups in the cupboard. so sorry no advice here but if you come up with some thing let me know lol
    vikki xx
  • juniemummy.. I followed the advice you gave me a few months ago! you suggested I used a nuby cup to bridge the transition from bottle to Beaker and it worked a treat, they were brilliant and tesco have a big range. did it not work for your boys? xxxx
  • Pamtree - it worked great until he started getting jealous of Tyler with a bottle. The Nuby soft spouts seem to come out too fast for Tyler (he has just turned 1)
  • What do they have out of bottles? Just milk or all drinks??
  • Tyler has all his drinks out of a bottle and Isaac would if he could have his own way but he does use a Doidy cup (the slanted ones) for mealtimes.
  • Ellie came off her bottles at 12 months and never used a beaker, she was drinking from a glass at 3 months and by 1 year could control it and hold it herself, sometimes she drinks from a straw but mostly she just uses a glass, she is 20 months now and has never wanted a beaker though i do give her one in the car for handiness sake though she always trys to get the lid off to have a "proper" drink!!! LOL xxxx
  • I have with Isaac - but not with Tyler, thats a good idea coz they are pretty slow coming out arnt they? Will try! Thanx hun xxx
  • Gabe has had beakers (either a straw style cup or the tommee tippee sippy cups) for water or juice since 5 months with no problems, but we could never get him to drink milk from a beaker so he had a bottle till 13 months when he started refusing milk. Now he only has juice and water out of beakers or a straw in a glass....he loves that!!