Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help - baby biting

hi, i have a 17mth old who just recently has started biting, what is the best way to get him to stop doing this and show him that it is wrong?

Replies

• Options
    It's a hard (and painful!) one to stop. Our first son bit for over a year on and off so everything we did obviously didn't work! I think it can be a phase (short or long) they go through and can be linked with teething. My 13mth old has sunk her teeth in a couple of times lately but all I did was say 'no', at which she laughed!
    Sorry not much help at all, but I will be interested in seeing if anyone has had success with stopping biting.
    Hope it stops for you soon, little nashers really hurt!
  • Options
    sorry millie is only 4 months so not that far yet lol but 2 of my friends have been through this one put them on the naughty step and he then did it again a few times the other when her 17 month girl bit, she bit her back not hard obviously but enough to shock them and she has never done it again! i am personally going to do that one if millie ever bites xx
  • Options
    bite back - it worked for us, obviously not as hard as the do but enough for them to know its sore! i know the prefesionals say not to do this as it just condones bad behaviour but Lewis was a little biter, and it worked gor us. He has stated hitting and we cant get him out of it, i dont hit him back coz there isna any point would just turn into a fight lol - i try and ignore him, its not easy when am getting bashed up with the silver foil and he is laughing histerically lol
  • Options
    bite back - it worked for us, obviously not as hard as the do but enough for them to know its sore! i know the prefesionals say not to do this as it just condones bad behaviour but Lewis was a little biter, and it worked gor us. He has stated hitting and we cant get him out of it, i dont hit him back coz there isna any point would just turn into a fight lol - i try and ignore him, its not easy when am getting bashed up with the silver foil and he is laughing histerically lol