Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

teaching volume control - help

My 2 year old dd approaches everything in life full on, which is awesome but she is soo sooooo loud. My older two were never half so loud. She talks at such a volume you could honestly hear her down the block, nevermind when she is upset. I have tried shh 'ing her, telling her inside voice, time outs when it is really out of hand.

Anyone successfully found a volume knob on their 2 year old, please image

xx

Replies

• No!If you do please let me know where it is located...Lily is sooo loud and we have tried to teach her to whisper more so now as she has a 7 week old baby sister but nope we have had no such luck so poor Mia either has to sleep through her noisiness or more often than not sleeps upstairs in her cot! We have tried making it fun like "Lily why don't we whisper and creep like mice" but it works for all of two minutes and then she goes back to shouting and stomping around, banging her drum screeching with delight!ahhh the joys
    xxx
  • I'd also like to know where the volume button is !

When in the supermarket if hubby and I split up and I need to run back to get something we've forgotten. I can easily find hubby and Archie from about 5 aisles away as I can hear lo shouting at everything and everyone ! S x
  • Rhys is the same & just hurls himself at things, there's no slow down button either ha ha. I took him to soft play this morning and I swear he made more noise then all the other children put together ha ha
  • hmmm a hard one. Maybe a bit of role play were she tells you or possibly a doll/baby when they are being loud.

Or sign langauage is another option
  • can't help i'm afraid as I'd quite like to find the volume control myself! After a day of illness yesterday, lo is most definately making up for it today, he was singing 'engine engine' very loudly all round asda and has been very loud this afternoon. At least my headache is almost gone now lol.

We do just regularly remind him to shhhhh and it works for a bit, also try distraction which works sometimes