Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Peanut Butter/Nutella

Do you give any of these to your lo's? And if so, when did you start?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Good question, I will keep a eye on the post, think lo must be getting bored with the same stuff.

Also any anyother suggestions for tasty food stuff I might not have thought about would be appreciated.
    Mine would be Hum Zingers, fruit snack which lo loves and are 100% fruit.

Cheers ccbmommy x
  • Options
    My daughter has never tried these, she is 3 yrs and 3 months old. Think shes quite happy with Jam on toast still.
    Marmite or marmelade might be an idea for variety? xx
  • Options
    My lo has had both of these. He's 21 months now and has had nutella a few times but isn't too keen on it. He adores peanut butter and has been having this since he was about 1. Think i tried him with nutella at about 18 months.

• Options
    sam has both of these (although not very often, maybe once a fortnight) and hes 18 months, i tried him with them just after he turned 1 xx

[Modified by: iloverocknroll99 on April 23, 2009 09:19 AM]

• Options
    shea doesn't like nutella but regularly has peanut butter on toast, he's had it from 1

I know the guidelines say from 1 (smooth only) unless you have peanut allergies in immediate family then its best to steer clear. Don't think they can have crunchy peanut butter till much later due to choking

• Options
    Jack is 16 months and loves smooth peanut butter on toast. I think i tried him on it at 14 month xx
  • Options
    I let my dd try peanut butter the other day, Shes 20 months. Neither me or my oh are allergic. But I was still nervous. I put it on her lips to begin with. As years a go I went out with a guy who was allergic to nuts, I ate a cereal bar and kissed him, and his lips swelled up. So I thought this would be a good way to test it.
    Annabel Karmel has this info on her website x

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/nutrition/vegetarian/weaning_baby_6_9_months
  • Options
    Paul is 16 months and has had peanut buuet bit i don't but nutella so he hasn't had it but i know he'd love it if he tried it