Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not drinking any milk?? cause for concern??

Hi Ladies, my lo turned 12 months this week for the last month she has only been drinking an ounce of her formula milk b4 she falls asleep last week i changed this to cow's milk as shes been having cows milk on her brekie, she will only drink a tiny bit b4 going to sleep so all in all shes not having any milk but 3 full meals a day should i be concerened or any suggestions on wat i could try?? x

Replies

• Options
    I wouldn't worry, Millie stopped breastfeeding at 10 1/2 months and has never really drunk milk since (she is now nearly 18 months old) The health visitor told me just to make sure she got plenty of calcium from other sources (fortunately she loves cheese, yoghurt etc) and she actually went up from the 25th centile to the 50th centile within a month of giving up milk. I guess just like adults some babies don't much like milk!
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply its fortunate lilli also loves cheese yoguats etc too! Millie is a gorgeous little girl! x
  • Options
    Hiya

my daughter also doesnt like milk really, she has it occasionaly but never has really from being 1. She does get enough yoghurts & the rest so i am not too worried, its weird they dont like milk tho after the ammount they have as babies
  • Options
    Hi, yeah coxley your right ud think it would be there fav to drink! sure it wont do her too much harm not drinking it!
  • Options
    Thank you! I am tottaly biased but I think she is gorgeous! This is quite an old picture now, it was taken at her birthday party and she looks so grown up by comparison these days!
  • Options
    Yeah were all guilty of being biased eh, but Millie is so cute and a lovely name, they grow so quickly!