Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help please

hi my LO is 17months now and he is facinated by wires esp the hairdryer and phone chargers. I have moved them dozens of times and told him off for touching them. I was a nursery nurse before i had him and have tried all my techniques but nothing seems to work for him. Im scared stiff he is gonna electrucute himself as i cant keep them all out of his way due to low sockets in my house.
PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS PLEASE REPLY ALL IDEAS WELCOME

THANX LAURA XX

Replies

• Hi laura,

I know how you feel my 17 month old is exactly the same, have you not got a spare room or somewhere where they can't get to (i.e your bedroom) where you can get ready so the wires are put away?
    As far as all the wires in yur front room ect i would just stick to telling them not to touch. I tell my little lad that anything that can hurt him, can burn babys so he shouldn't touch and because hes heard it that many times hes learnt not to touch any more.
    I hope this helps x
  • Hi, I had the same problem with my 16month old.
    I have cable tidies for the back of the TV and computer desk and have the phone charger up on the kitchen work top. I just make sure that the hairdryer is tucked away under the cupboard after use! In her room I have a small chest of drawers I place in front of the plug sockets, as she used to like sticking her fingers in the sockets!
    Kids huh!