Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how many teeth does your child have??

My son is 15 months old and still only has 3 teeth! All the other babies at playgroup seem to have loads.

He has had big lumps on his top gums for at least 8 weeks now but only 1 has cut, he was a good sleeper before this now he is up 3 or 4 times a night. Any Ideas??:\?

Replies

• Bless.

Can't really help as haven't had that problem with ours - the girls had 4 each by bout 7 months, Luke got his 1st at 9 months and had 6 by 1yr and Alex has his 2 bottom teeth (he's 8 1/2 months now).

My friends little girl didn't get her 1st til she was nearly a year so I guess it's like everything with babies - it all happens as and when, and at diff stages to everyone elses babies.

The waking is prob coz his gums are hot n sore. Have you been using anything on his gums?
  • my lo is 14m and has about 13! i think, he wont let me brush at the mo so dont get a very good look,lol xx
  • yeah i use ambosol on his gums and on bad nights i have been giving him calpol nighttime but trying not to use it so much.

we have made some progress over the last few nights only been up one or twice!!
  • My lo got his 1st tooth at 8 months. He's now 1 year and he has 6 teeth - 4 top and 2 bottom.
  • lo is 6months & has bottom two & is suffering with a back molar at the mo but that could take weeks!!!
  • Hi My lo is 13months and has 12 teeth!
    She has the upper and lower front 4, then a gap and then her lower molars and her top molars have just come through!
    The other teeth are a breeze compared to molars coming through - she screamed the place down!
    Thank god for calpol and teetha!
  • wwwwwwwwwooooooooooooo she has just got her 5th tooth. its taken long enough!! she has been dribbly for weeks. she is 11 mths.
  • he really is behind in the tooth department then!!

cant believe how long they are taking to come!!
  • they might all come at once hun, oliver got his first 4 in the space of a week, his have been coming in bundles rather than 1 at a time wich makes for a grumpy little man but kinda gets it over with in one big hit, i def forgot wat monsters those back teeth r though image
    xx
  • My daughter has 16 teeth!! She got her first at 4months and had all 16 by the time she was 1yr. She's now 22months and no more have come through so im guessing thats all of them?!
  • update !! we have got another tooth, thats 4 now!! its another one at the bottom x
  • My daughter is 16 months and had 8 teeth by the time she was 7 months. She is just cutting an upper and lower molar. I wouldnt worry about ur lo they are probably deep seated so will take longer to cut.
  • Hi - my daughter is 2 1/2 and is still cutting her teeth. When she turned 2 she only had 10 so I wouldn't worry, they will come when they want is what I kept getting told!!
    Sam xx
  • oh dear another year of teething i hope not !!
  • My daughter cut her first tooth when she was ten and a half months. She turned one 2 weeks ago and now has six
  • my lo is 6 months and has 3 already and another one that cant make its mind up if its gonna come through or not......but they dont bother her one bit she's still as happy as ever
  • my daughter is 18 mnths and has 8 teeth. she had no problems with them and loves brushing them.
  • Grace is now 16months and has 12 teeth, with four more coming through - lots of sleepless night recently!
  • well, I will update from my earlier post, sonny is now 9 months & the molars haven't come through stil but all his gums have formed into teeth bumps, instead he got his left canine around 2 1/2 months ago followed shortly by his right canine. I thought we may get a little rest but no, something else is now moving & he is dribbling, runny nose & maiking groany teeth pain noises again!!!!!