Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Soooo woried!

I am 27weeks pregnant, due my little girl on the 16th October, My little boy is 16months old, im getting quite worried bout how he is goin to react to a new baby, he has his moments when he jsut doesnt want anyones else near me, he also has bad skin problems so am at the hospital (dermaologist) quite a lot, also has problem eating, we dont have any young babbies in the family so cant get him used to one, ive tried a doll but he just comes over and hits it, hes just gone in to his big bed a week ago, hes slept in it every night fine so im happy about that, but i now wake up in the morning to find him sittin on the floor playing with anything he can find from a bit fluff to a teddy lol, he doesnt realy interact with other kids much as there isnt any groups or that round here, i remember how hard the first couple of months with him were but im gettin quite worried that he'll just feel realy left out and that some ones taen his mummy away, because just now he has all my attention 24/7 hes never away from me for a second, but i dont know what to do, any one else has had or has this situation?? Any advice would be geatful

xxlisaxx

Replies

• hiya. first of all congrats on getting him into a bed so easily that something we really need to do soon. im not preg at the mo but hoping to be soon.

when my cousin was expecting her 2nd her little girl refused to acknowledge the pregnancy and even worse refused to accept that she might get a brother. when he was born she would not acknowledge him and if you asked who he was she would say "thats just the baby". she fought for attention at first as weel. but within a few weeks of my cousin involving her in his routine and explaining that he was going to grow soon and that it would be someone she could play with she was fine. these days they get on fine. of couse sometimes they fight but most of the time they play together. hope this helps.xxx
  • Yeah im hoping they will be ok as there going to be pretty close in age but i still cant help worrying image

xx
  • Congrats on your pregnancy!

I know it's not exactly the same situation but my little girl was 12 months when my second daughter was born and I was really worried about whether she'd be upset by it all, but she's been amazing. She actually really seems to love her little sister, she kisses her all the time and wants to play with her. There was nothing I could really do to prepare Lily for Evie coming as she was so young, but I did watch a lot of progs about babies and pointed out all the new babies...Lily started saying 'aaw' to them. We also tried a doll which she does play with now but she didn't really before Evie came. There are odd moments where both need attention and it's like 'who do I go to first?!' but I sort Evie out first and guess that it's good for Lily to learn a bit of patience!

Maybe if you try and involve your little boy by asking him (if he's in a co-operative mood!) to pass you a nappy or bib or something when your feeding new baby, or give him a box with a few special toys he can only play with at feeding time it might help? Also a little present from the baby might be good?

Good luck. xxx

ps. It's great that he's sleeping in a big bed already!