Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help my one year old has refused to eat anything all day

I think it could be more teeth on the way as he has six so far but he has not eaten a thing all day, 5 oz of milk this morning at 8am and only water since. If he is still bad tomorrow I will of course take him to the doctors. Is this normal ? Will he now wake up in the night hungry ? I am so worried he has never eaten nothing before. He normally eats really really well.

Replies

• Millie often has days when she doesn't eat enough to keep a fly going. Normally the next morning she eats like a horse but she has never woken in the night hungry. One thing that I do do if she doesn't eat much at tea time is make her a smoothie. I blend about 200ml of full fat milk with one small bannana and a teaspoon of organic coccoa powder., she will often drink that when she won't eat and at lest then I know she has had something. I am sure tommorow you lo will be back to normal.
  • hiya, i really wouldnt stress. connor often doesnt eat when hes poorly, its normally his throat. when he had tonsilitus really bad he didnt eat for 4 days, we had to force him to drink, that was awfull. but as long as he is drinking regularly i wouldnt worry about food for a day or 2. just keep an eye on what could be causing it.
  • Hi All,
    Thanks for your replies. I took James to the doctors and he has an ear infection. Hopefully some antibiotics and a bit of tlc and he'll be back to normal. Thanks again.