Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Help lo can't stop writing on the walls

I want him to learn drawing and painting but not on our walls... I just can't stop him... he just grabs the crayons and starts drawing... what should I do?

xxx
Bubbly

Replies

• My son is the same, but i got him a colouring book and sat him in hes high chair and now he sits fine and does it,
  • Hide the crayons til he's about 5 lol! Only joking, just make sure he's supervised and try putting him in a booster seat at the table or the high chair. He'll soon learn what he can draw on and what he can't.

Even though I tried to always watch my eldest with the crayons, her daddy let her run away with a crayon secreted in her hand, and when I came back downstairs my cream wall had a funky orange pattern all over it! :roll:

• We don't crayon but I wonder if you could get one of those play paper mats with the water pens that only draw on the special paper, think you can get Thomas tank engine, sorry can't remember what they're called but sure someone will know what I'm talking about. They're a bit pricey (??30 I think) but will save a lot on Walls and doors etc image hth
  • No help sorry, but i am so looking forward to that - NOT, knowing my lo she will love it and think its funny x
  • I don't have a problem with drawing on walls because I am a mean mummy :lol: The crayons live in a cupboard that Millie can't reach and they only come out when she is sat at the table in either the lounge or the kitchen where I can watch/help her. Not sure what else to suggest, the water drawing thing that waiting4baby mentioned is a Tomy Aquadraw though, and they are fab if you have a toddler that loves to draw.
    xx