Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Santa presents/mum and dad presents???

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. How do you all decide which presents r from "santa" and which r from u? Im thinking one big presnt from santa which will be her toy kitchen and a stocking full of little toys and the rest of the presents we've bought will be from me and her dad?? shes two and a half this christmas and knows about santa now so I just realised we'll have to get our stories straight before christmas day! i dont want her to think either us or santa havn't got much so Im trying to make it even?? Wat u all think???

Amy x

Replies

• Options
    my mum and dad always told me that it was Santa who delivered the presents but he didn't buy them!! Mummy and Daddy's hire Santa every year to make all the toys and then he goes and delivers them to all the good children on christmas eve but they still come from mummy and daddy

I think thats what we are going to tell Shea too x
  • Options
    That's what we were told Claire. Think we'll be telling Oscar that the stockings are from Santa and Mummy and Daddy worked hard to buy him the 'under-the-tree' presents. I like the magic of Santa bringing him something but it only has to be one or a few special presents I think xx
  • Options
    Hubby and I have a difference of opinion over santa presents. I rarely had santa presents and always knew that my parents/family bought presents or sent santa money and he delivered them. hubby wants cole to have a whole stocking full of santa presents but i don't think thats right as I want him to know that people have bought him stuff and paid for it etc etc.

this year we aren't so bothered cause he won't really know but next year we are going to have to sort something out lol. I don't mind the odd small present from santa but thats it
  • Options
    I love the idea of Santa being the delivery guy. I think we're going to tell dd presents are from us, family and friends etc. I love the magic of Santa, but when she eventually founds out he's not real, I'd hope that bcoz she understands who the presents are from it'll be one less thing to worry about x
  • Options
    Santa presents...where did this idea come from?! Never known presents from santa, maybe I was too naughty too receive big presents from him image Well he never dropped them off in our house anyway!

Father Christmas left presents in our Stocking. The rest of the presents came from friends and family. This is the same tradition that will continue in our family. Definately less confusing!
  • Options
    Anything in their stockings is from Santa, anything under the tree is from people (although obviously we send them all to Santa so that he can deliver them!)
    I'm not having Santa take all the credit for my hard work picking presents :lol:
  • Options
    i used to do the big presents from us and then the stocking from father christmas. but then i thought that it made father christmas seem a bit stingey, so last year i started to devide tghe presents more equaly. i will be doing the same this year, they will be having 2 big presnts from santa and their stockings and then the rest from us. xx
  • Options
    We were always told that everything was from Santa apart from a small present from parents. I think that's the way I am going to keep it with Kara. My husband's son has always known it that way so I will keep it like that for Kara.
  • Options
    For us the stocking was from Santa, full of little bits and pieces. Under the tree was a big present and maybe one or two smaller ones from my parents. I'd like to keep it that way- the magic of Father Christmas, but also have Bethany knowing that most of her presents are from us.