Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

The youngest Wimbledon fan????

My 2 year old son has had us in stiches this week. One lunch time earlier this week he sat in his highchair franticaly pointing at the tv shouting 'bats...bats' It took me a while to realise that what he wanting was for me to put the tennis on!! This evening I've come home to find my lo sitting on the floor with his Dad eating cereals watching Wimbledon. I asked him what he was watching and he proudly announced 'bats' and he is sat there saying things like 'Oooh net' and 'missed and ' Oh dear'... it was better than the BBC comentary! :lol: I think I'm going to have record a match cos I'm not sure what we're going to do next week when it's all over.

Replies

• My 2 year old hates the tennis!!! When I put it on, he says 'Mummy not watch tennis, I not like it'!!! But I still watch it anyway!!
  • I would be so proud if he was mine! That is just fabulous. I am a massive tennis fan, and have been since I was a child. My lo (18 months) doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm, unfortunately, as he took forever to go down to sleep last night, and was then sick (poor mite) and so had to go back in the bath, wash hair, dry it (and he loves the hairdryer, so that was v exciting for him) and then more milk and bed. I mkissed the first 2 sets of the epic Murray match, but wasn't it a great one! I am exhausted - I don't know about him!
  • My lo is 18months loves it as he obbssesed with balls he also loves snooker ARRRRRRRR i hate both tennis and snooker its soooooooooooooooo boring!!! he just stands a couple of inches away from the tv pointing and saying da ball, da ball over and over lol
    xxx