Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Omg naughty words

Morning girls

I'm mortified, I don't know where she has got it from as we dont swear in front of grace but she has come out with something that sounds exactly like " Fu****g h*ll "

not sure if childminder has said it but Im so embarrased she was shouting it in the garden yesterday.

We are just ignoring it at the min and hoping it stops if we don't respond to it as pulling her up would just encourage her to say it more.

Do you think were doing the right thing, does anyone have any experience of the same?

Thanks

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi there, Maybe do the same type of thing as when they've done something naughty? So maybe say something along the lines of "Mummy doesn't want to hear you say that again. Mummy doesn't like it and its not nice so please don't say it again" if she keeps on saying it?

On a lighter note, my little cousin used to say "Oh my dog" for everything (she used to say "god" instead of "dog" and vice versa!) x