Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Spots on body after MMR

I got told by the nurse that its perfectly normal for children to get spots/mild measle type spots r having the MMR so im not worried that my son has some but all im wondering is how long will they worse? will they get worse plus is he likely to get ill now ie high temp etc? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Options
    I too was told that a measle like rash was normal too. You may be lucky though and he may not get any worse- Poppy had a raging temperature, off food, runny nappies, cold and cough before she got the rash - the emergency doc (temp was over 40) said she had a proper dose of measles and that the rash was the last symptom to come out. If Jayden hasn't been poorly so far and just has the rash fingers crossed he's going to escape getting poorly!
    xxx
  • Options
    oh poor lil girl!! fingers crossed he has escaped it then!! He hasnt been unwell at all and the spots (cant even say its a rash) isnt bothering him so hopefully thats all it will be! x
  • Options
    I know they are a side effects to the MMR because when Kara was in hosp 2 weeks ago there was a girl brought in with the same thing. As it was a rash her parents wanted it checked but it was only the measles spots from the jag. She did become sick after it but it was only for about 2 days as far as I know and was vomiting and had a temp. It is a nightmare. Kara was to get hers on Thursday past but I put it off until January because of her being in the hospital 2 weeks ago. I know they can get their reactions anything up to 3 weeks later so I thought it being Christmas soon it wouldn't be fair as she had enough sickness at the start of December without anymore. The HV said it was no problem and would arrange it for end of January and it was right to do that to enable her blood sugars to regulate as she has diabetes now.

I know that everyone has different reactions so maybe Jayden will just get the spots and thats it. My nephew just got a temp when he got his a couple of years. I hope he is ok and doesn't get a temp.

Sorry I can't be of much help as Kara didn't get hers yet.
  • Options
    Im really hoping it is just the spots! They come up on Saturday )well thats when i noticed) and hes fine. Im pretty sure they have faded but he has got a few new ones so fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    Lily got a few spots a few days after her MMR, but she didn't seem to be bothered by them at all. She did however develop a nasty cough & cold a few days after having the jab, which may or may not have been related, but the spots soon faded. Hopefully Jayden will be fine. Fingers crossed for you.
    xx