Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Will I ever see my living room floor again??!!!!

OMG how can a 2 year old have sooooooo many toys!!

as you may be aware it was Shea's 2nd birthday yesterday and i've lsot my living room carpet!!!! My house resembles Hamley's!!!

My house is a complete tip and don't know where to start!!! talk about trip hazards!!! lol!!

Would anyone like to buy any 2nd hand boys toys suitable up until 18months - ish?? as I'm gonna have a clear out and sell some stuff so if anyone is interested i'll list what i've got on here in a few days

Replies

• I think you should start by making yourself a cup of tea!

I hope Shea had a lovely day yesterday. My lo is 20 months and I am looking for Christmas ideas for him. Did Shea have a present (sounds like he had lots lol!) that you think was a particular success?
  • Haha you sound like my house was on christmas day (cole's birthday is 22nd of December). we spent 2 hours christmas day evening unpacking, recycling packaging (and that takes bloody hours pulling all the plastic off to put tehm in recycling), sorting into what toys were suitable now and where would they go. I'm getting a head start now while mum has cole and I'm sorting out our cupboards and stuff to make storing toys easier!

I am..honest..i'm just having a break on here image

Good luck sorting stuff image Hope you have lots of stacking boxes! I've figured out thats the way forwards

Hope Shea had a lovely day
  • Shea had a fantastic day thanks and really enjoyed his tea party!

Rhian2 - He got lots of things - bob builder tool set, a race track with multistory car park, car wash and lots of cars, remote control car and speed boat, loads of books, a hot wheels set, inflatable goal and football, little people dumper truck, clothes, iggle piggle......and he's got ??100 in cash!!!

but his two favourites were an ELC Superstar keyboard and microphone - he went absolutley crazy when he saw it and sat on the stool and started playing the keyboard straight away, and he just keeps shouting "mum" into the microphone!!! its so funny
    The other favourite is a battery powered quad bike his nana and grandad bought him, thats been a great success too!! Just haven't a clue about xmas now as he's got so much

.........and Kia - I must go buy more tubs!!!
  • Thanks for the tips. the keyboard in particular sounds fantastic - that may well make its way onto the Christmas list!
  • Omg how much money!! I thought Cole was doing well last christmas with ??50! I never got that much lol. Cole has more money in his savings account than I do!!

Battery powered quad bike sounds awesome.. I might have to mention that to my dad image

Tubs are great! I know exactly which ones i need to buy now to rearrange stuff - I've just spent the afternoon thoroughly cleaning the lounge and condensing 2 cupboards full of crap into 1 cupboard, dad has been round to measure up to put a new shelf up to move the telly to fit cole's new birthday present kitchen in the room (I know its not till december but I'm being organised lol) I'm sick of the toys invading the whole room - honestly since having Cole I'm turning into a neat freak!
  • Bless sounds like he had a great birthday. Quick hide some and wrap them up for xmas.......only joking !!

Where do you get stacking boxes from me and paul looked everywhere apart from toys r us so i guess thats where you get them lol !!
  • I got mine from wilkos - just plain clear cheap n cheerful ones that you can get lids for. They are pretty sturdy though. I also have 2 of the green huggies ones from an old asda baby event. Also have a smaller cloth like stacky box from wilkos - it was ??6 and has thomas the tank engine on it.

Wilkos has some fo the stacky boxes on offer at the moment - i'm going to get one of the bigger ones for cole's teddy bears - hopefully sealing them up unless he wants to play with them will help keep them dust free and help wtih the asthma.
  • I can't see my living room floor either and don't think I will for a while. Kara was 2 on 16th Sept. It is crazy the amount of stuff they get. Kara got ??100 as well. I just put it into her savings as she doesn't need anything at the minute as she has to much and it will be better to her later in life.
  • we have a store around here called QD and sells mostly crap but you can buy the stacking tubs really cheap and they also do thomas tank and winne pooh ones too