Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When to they become "toddlers"?

I know this will sound like a stupid question but when does a baby become a toddler? i was in Debenhams recently and noticed that they count your baby a toddler from 9 months old! Ellie is almost 11 months old but not "toddling" yet, what do you think she is, baby or toddler? x

Replies

• Options
    i only ever really started classing my little ones as todlers once they were around 18 - 24 months i think intill then they are still babies even is they are walking about lol x
  • Options
    id class a toddler from 18-24 mnths too!x
  • Options
    thank you i would too but the whole debenhams thing was leaving me thinking i had to stop calling Ellie a baby but im glad i dont as she will always be my little baby no matter how big she gets. xxx
  • Options
    I would say from the age of 12 months, I used to think when they were walking but Isaac is 17 months and still not walking, but he is not really a baby anymore.
  • Options
    I'd say between 12 & 18 months - by 18 months, they are starting to get an idea of the world etc.....that run up to the 'terrible 2's' lol