Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Using a blanket or a quilt?

It is so cold in Lily's room at night that it is waking her up. She wears her pjs, long sleeved vest and sleeping bag and I put a blanket over her last night too...but she wriggled out of it!

If I use her quilt I can't use the sleeping bag can I? She is almost 18 months.

How do you keep your baby warm at night? Her room does start off really warm but it drops so much in the night!

Thank you.

xx

Replies

• Thanks for that. The quilt is one from mamas and papas to match her room. I did use a huge blanket last night and tucked it under the mattress, but she escaped when hubby went in at 5am! I looked the other week for a fleece sleepsuit but they didn't have any of her size left in ASDA or Sainsbury's the other day. Will look again when we go next.

Hubby is still paranoid that Lily will suffocate if we use the quilt on its own or just a blanket!
    xxx

• Oscar just has a standard single duvet but when he was in sleeping bags those fleecy all in ones were a life saver! Primark have some good ones if there's one near you xx
  • my son has a vest, pjs and duvet and a cover on top for really cold night he is two my daughter wears a vest pjs, sleeping bag i would put a blanket on her if needed, as your lo is 18 months quilt will be fine if not i have the heating come on a few times in the night xx
  • I do the same, get a big blanket and tuck the sides in once he has fell asleep (and stopped wriggling!)
  • I think perhaps putting the big blanket on when she has fallen asleep is what I'll try tonight! Primark...hadn't thought of them! Will pop there after xmas.

Thanks everyone. x
  • jaosn has a 4.5tog cot bed quilt, n for the past 2-3wks he's had a fleece blanket over him too. as well as his sleepsuit & body suit n he seems fine. i sometimes have to cover him up b4 i go to bed but he doesn't wake up cold so he must be warm enough!