Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone got one of these...

or something similar?

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/push-around-buggy/

Thinking of getting one for Charlotte as I'm sure she would love it!

Replies

• Options
    We don't have one of these but we have the trike type of thing. The only thing I would say is think how easy this is / isn't going to be for you to stear. Our trikes handle can be twisted to stear and it's great.
  • Options
    I also have the trike for Kara and it is easy to steer. I agree with nessellis that this may not be very easy to steer. Maybe if you go into a local ELC you will be able to try it out first. It does look good fun too.
  • Options
    Thanks, never thought of the steering - good tip!!
  • Options
    have looked at the Smart Trike on ELC web-site. Looks fab, plus I have voucher for 20% off too.
  • Options
    We have the mothercare trekker bike for cole - liked it better than the smart trike tbh, and it is meant for ages 1-5 so it'll last longer (hopefully), and was cheaper image

The steering is ok cause if you need to you can tip it back on the rear wheels to turn, or to get down pavements etc so probably worth testing it before buying. having seen my friends kids (2 and 4) preferring to be out on bikes rather than anything else i'd wonder if lo could outgrow something like that fairly quickly tbh.

Storage space under the buggy for parent handle is cool though... the handle for coles bike is a pain in the arse to store
  • Options
    we have the smart trike which we love, my mum got in the sale for ??55 at xmas. i find it very easy to steer. would recommend trying them out in the shop though to see which one suits you xx
  • Options
    We've got the cozy coupe which he absolutely loves as can open close door, climb in and out etc. We were looking at trikes but he preferred this, there's a removeable floorboard so can be pushed or ride around himself. Tbh I would take her along to toys r us, as we were able to try out all the trikes n cars etc and were able to know exactly what the best buy was for us and him. - you could always then go along to elc to then buy it LOL
  • Options
    Showed the smart trike to my hubby and he prefers that to anything else (big kid)! Also a neighbour up the road has got one and we saw their lo on it yesterday and it looked really good and Charlotte got all excited when she saw it!!!
    Thanks for all your replies, it's very much appreciated and helped me a lot xx
  • Options
    These are great fun, more for round the house maybe?
    http://www.sugarplumtree.co.uk/Wheelybug-mid-31-p-1.html
  • Options
    we got freya a smart trike for her birthday and she loves it!! its really easy to stear and will last for ages. xx