Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pillows

Hi,
When did you start to give your little ones a pillow?
Grace is now nearly 14months and seems to like a pillow, but I am concerned if it is OK to give her one yet?
She often pops into bed with us, and loves to push my head off my pillow and snuggles into it herself!

:lol:

Replies

• I'm pretty sure it's ok to give pillows and duvets after 1 year but my lo is 13 months and I still think he's a bit young.
    I don't mind him being in our bed on the pillow but I don't think I'll be giving him his own yet.
    xx
  • hi there, my son is 15months and he absolutly refuses to sleep without a pillow! lol They do say it is ok after they turn 1yr to have a pillow because they are now able to confidently move things so if your lil 1 did feel uncomfortable on the pillow ect they would just either move it or move themselfs. try not to worry to much, if your lil 1 feels comfortable using a pillow then let her/him feel comfortable image hope this helps xxx
  • I think i must be a bad Mummy as i gave my daughter a pillow really early as she had bad wind, and we were advised by the doctor to let her sleep angled, so we used a pillow, although my daughter is quite aware if you know what i mean, she was walking at 8 months and rolling at 10 wks so i didnt even hesitate to give her a pillow at 6 months, shes now in a double bed with a quilt and two pillows and thinks shes a princess.
    Nikki