Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

mothers day cards

hi i just wondered if anyone is getting a "nana" card for their mil from their lo for mothers day?

Replies

• NOPE but i got my mum one!!lol x
  • Yeah I've got one only cause I was getting one for my mum n oh was with me too so felt bit mean though after he turned round and said what did you bother getting that one for (after was already bought) ha ha
  • no coz I dont like my mil :lol: anyway its mothers day not nanas day.
  • thanks for the replys. "anyway its mothers day not nanas day." thats what i said to oh when he got his mum a card from lo! lol
  • No I didn't bother either. My mum is dead and not getting one for MIL although she is very good to Kara as she watches her whilst we are at work. She is not Kara's Mum so I don't believe in getting one from her. Also if you start it now you will have to get one every year from now on lol.
  • My mil lives 9k miles away & they celebrate mothers day on a different day to us. I have one for my mum from Sonny but only cause oh got one for me that says Nan on it!!!. Luckily I found it & told him to get me one that said mum & to be more observant in future. image
  • Nope.. its mothers day not nanas day - and as Louise said..if you do it one year you are stuck doing it every year! Last year our parents day presents to our parents were plates/tiles with cole's footprints but thats not quite the same.

WAsn't best chuffed that cole has scribbled in the mil's card as she'll no doubt expect it all the time but hubby had been getting cole to scribble in mine and he wanted to scribble in both so what can you do.

Didn't even get my mum a card...never do - she got a present though -but i don't do cards unless i have to caue they are a waste of money!!
  • nope, just got our parents one from us as its mothers day,not grandparents day lol both my mum and oh's mum are great with tegan but if we start now then they would expect it every year. Tegan does make them things though which means alot to them, they got some hand painted tegan canvases back along which they loved xxx
  • No. In fact I didn't even get her one from oh. Reason: I got no card last year from oh, he told me when lo was old enough he could get me one himself.... So, oh is old enough to get mil one himself. Although tbh I do agree I do think it's mothers day not grandparent day and wouldn't want to feel I had to do it every year. They get special lo Christmas presents and that is getting expensive as it is!