Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Biting Nails

Hi Ladies
Is anyone else's LO biting their nails? Matthew has started doing so over the past few weeks. There's nothing i can do to stop him either, except say "leave your fingers" if i catch him doing it. He bites off his nails and his little fingers look sore :roll:
Only bonus is not having to wrestle with him to cut them with scissors image
Thanks,
Juliette

[Modified by: Juliette on 19 January 2009 20:31:02 ]

Replies

• What about putting a little dot sticker on each finger(yours too) and challenge him to see how long they stay on, that may take his mind off it and of course he will win as yours will fall off....so he thinks hes sooo very clever.xxxxx
    I'm really mean and I threaten my ds(7) with pink nail polish if I catch him nibbling nails lol lol.
  • I have no advice really but I'm now 38 and still bite my nails. It looks dreadful and I hate it but find it impossible to stop. The quicker you put a stop to this the better.
  • Reece has just started doing this as well at 22 months. I think its my fault because I bite his nails if they are sratchy as I am too scared to get them with the scissors when he is awake. I dont bite my own, and its a habit that I dont like, but I dont like it when you see a bit of nail hanging off either. Is it too cruel to paint that horrible tasting stuff on them?? At the moment I just take his hand away and say no. Jo x