Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

not toddler related, maybe should be in planning. lol

Hi Mummies and toddlers!

What it is is i have 2 job interviews this week one just in a warehouse sorting out magazines to send out to the shops and the other is working in a call centre and inputting data and wat not on a computer. Anyway, I was hoping to try for baby no 3 at the end of the year so obviously job number 1 is looking bad because their not gonna allow me to lift while pregnant but i'm also worried that even though the office job one is pretty simple and doesn't involve lifting their gonna be quite peeved if i go in at the end of the year and announce i'm expecting because then i'll feel like i've wasted their time when it comes to having the baby and leaving for maternity leave even though i'll be straight back as soon as i'm good and ready!

What are your views on the situation? Would it be mean to not tell them i might be trying for another baby after my wedding or should i just go with the flow and hope things will work out ok when the time comes?

xxx

Replies

• When would you be starting work? If it's soon I wouldn't worry at all. I fell pregnant with O 4 months after starting a new job and nothing was ever said. If the company pay you only smp then they get most if not all of that back from the government so you're not exactly stealing money from them.

I reckon unless you go in and tell them you're pregnant within a week you're worrying over nothing xx
  • Will probably be in the next month or so when i start so i'll have been working for them for quite a bit before i even start trying so hopefully we'll be ok.

Nice to see you Jemma :\) xxx
  • Your under no obligation to tell them about your "future" family plans. And they couldn't penalise you in anyway if you went on maternity leave so I don't know or see why you would tell them!None of their business huni image

xxx
  • oh no - it wouldn't even cross my mind to tell them you are thinking about ttc it is none of their business!

GOOD LUCK!
  • It's none of their business, good luck with the interviews. x
  • thank you girls! I sometimes wonder why i left here in the first place because your all so great. :\) xxx