Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

what is everyone getting your los for xmas?

i need to steal ideas! :lol:

so far have:

train table with train set
three wheeled thomas scooter
little tykes slide
talking peppa pig
books, dvds - etc

i keep being asked what to get him, and i have no idea!

Replies

• Oh my goodness, I haven't even thought about Christmas for lo. It's his 1st birthday on Sunday and I've been concentrating on that!

I've seen a lot of pirate ships and castle things for boys which look nice x
  • my lo gots lots of toys last Chrsitmas and is only just getting into them. My husband is thinking of asking people for ?? for her savings but i know my family will want to get ehr something
    Ideas I currently ahve are :
    mum is getting her a some sort of wicker chair/child chair.
    a small pram
    aquadraw - looks good in elc,your reviews pls!
    xylophone

thats all i have on my list. We wont be going made and buying lots of stuff as I dont see the point. Probably 1-3 gifts and thats it. My mum is doing ehr a stocking.
  • my lo has an aquadraw and loves it, its the one that comes out in colour from elc and its been used daily so i would def recommend those.
  • thats an impressive list so far!

ideas I have (lo isn't going to get all of these, they're just ideas at the moment)

play kitchen with pots and pans, teaset, pretend food etc
    till and shopping basket
    happyland toys from ELC (pre-school, rose cottage, post office and vet as we have the funfair already and lo loves it)
    a scribbler thing
    maybe the keyboard and the stool from ELC
    an easel and rolls of paper
    a little table and chairs for colouring in and playing on
    lots of play dough, first paints and crayons and stickers and general creative things
    aquadraw (the small ones in a pack as well as the giant one for the floor)
    a sandpit for the summer

the possibilities are endless!
  • Lexie(2) is having a baby alive and a kitchen set
    Leah(will be 9 months at xmas) is having a ride on walker,something else havent decided yet.
    And between them they are having a playhouse for the garden and probably lots of other little stocking fillers
    i am asking family for clothes for Lexie as she has just had her birthday last week and got lots of toys then and she could do with some new clothes.
  • well i have been thinking

for stocking:
    books
    DVDs
    new pens
    sweets
    small cars for his garage
    boats for his bath

Under the tree
    peppa pig rocket
    scooter
    tag reader they do one foe 2-4 years
    easel
    work bench
    kitchen with play food etc
    till with play money (really into money when ever he sees me with it he wants so to put in his pocket)

There will prob be more (when OH goes shopping without me LOL) we go mad at xmas as my OH had rubbish parents so he makes up for it big time with DS god knows what it will be like when we finally conceieve number 2 wont get in the front room xmas morning LOL
  • Oh my god you are all sooo organised! Hollys birthday is on the 14th Dec so we decided to give her a token for her bday and we wil buy her toys and have a party for her in the summer so she will get a bike ect.
    For christmas we won't be going mad this year, she is getting a mamas and papas skate pram from us and her stocking and a few bits and bobs, my nanna is getting her a personalised chair, vanity table thing and a cuddly toy not sure what everyone else is getting her. I think she will probably get a grown up doll and a mini aquadraw but again not to sure.
  • hollys mummu = can i ask what sort of thing you mean by a personalised chair.
    My mum said she was going tog et my dd a wicker chair. Not sure its a good idea as she has starter to pull at the wicker on my linen bin!

xemx...thanks for the recommendation on aquadraw. I was going to post about it before i saw this thread. It looks raelly good. My dd is always trying to draw on things with anything that looks like a pen. I had the rainbow colour one in mind.

lara n chloe - we didnt get anything in the end for our dds bday. We were thinking of getting her a trike that she can grow into but never we never found the one we wanted on offer! I personally do feel guilty as she had loads of presents and she doesnt know we didnt give her one. We are just saving the money to spending on other things when she is older and will appreciate it more.
  • Rhys has got a little tykes car (bargain at ??19), aquadraw, a guitar (as he loves daddy's) and a big truck (all off my parents lol)

I've got him so far some stickle bricks and a jigsaw lol. Want to get him an easel and paints, some playdough, books & dvd's, a big car playmat and cars and trains will split what we get him btw xmas & b'day though as that's 27th Dec x
  • I'm a bit stuck for Christmas ideas. My main problems are (a) they already have so many toys that they take over the house and (b) they are so close in age they like all the same stuff!

I definitely want to get the pink till and shopping basket from ELC and also a doctor's kit for Lily, but then I'm struggling with what to get for Evie. Then I thought maybe the till could be a joint present and I might get them a couple of small things each. I just don't know!

Now I know this probably sounds really tight but we've decided not to go mad with pressies as last year half the stuff never got played with! So we're sticking to a few small things I think and asking family for clothes or money for their CTF.

xxx
  • well i had bought my little boy a garage but he keep saying he want the robot in elc so dont know what to do.he is 2 1/2.
    he already has a thomas book,whistle and go thoma,thomas jigsaw,couple of lorries,chocolates,etc lol x
  • LOL I think I'll be getting the mean mummy prize this year! Millie is getting a Silvercross 3D dolls pram, and Barney is getting a Zoobie and an aquadraw (Millie's is a bit knackered now). I'll do them a stocking each as well but I don't see the point of buying them loads of stuff as half of it never gets played with.
    xx
  • I'm the same Bedhead! I'm getting my nearly 2 year old a ride on tractor or something (push along/ pedal one) and as his birthday is the 2nd Jan I may give it as a combined pressie depending on how much it costs, or put some money in his bank account too.
    For my other lo he will be about 7 months old so I am going to get him either a jumperoo or a walker, not sure which it will depend on what he seems to be into nearer the time.I will do them a stocking each too but they will just have a few sweets, books, and a little car or something.

Last year my older lo got so much stuff it was just crazy, he has far too much stuff already so I would rather get him just one or two things he will really play with and then put money in his bank account if I haven't spent much on his pressie. x
  • Hugo will be 15 months xmas time, and he is getting a pop up tent with tunnel (he loves those at our baby gym), xylaphone and possibly a bath toy (as we are moving and will have a proper bath). I think that will be about it ... we will have both our parents coming, so possibly will be more gifts from them :P
  • I have only thought about a main present and thats going to be an easel or an activity table and chair as she loves drawing! Beyond that I am stuck...maybe something Waybuloo and some practical stuff like vests and tights etc. Have been asked by a few family members what she would like and I have been completely clueless!lol x
  • We've got this as Lily's main pressie
    http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/fairyland-bluebell-boot/

And then I'm goin to do her a stocking and then I'll prob get her some clothes whilst we're away at xmas.

I don't see the point in going mad with pressies as we can't afford it and she'll get plenty from every1 else. When I was younger we had one main pressie and a stocking x
  • we've bought JJ the spin and bounce zebra and an ITNG aquadraw so far...

going to get him sleepy iggle piggle, ITNG dinner set and a few little stockings bits...

we're asking for money for him off everyone because we will use it to buy him a kitchen, or, depending on how much he gets we may put money towards it and buy him the ITNG toddler bed! x
  • hmm i going to look up this aquadraw as it seems very popular! millie will be nearly 16 months at xmas and im not sure what to get! i think i will get a little table and chairs so she can draw as she likes to do that and when she stops eating play dough she can do that on it too lol. gonna look things up and see what looks good let me know any things that r good for a very hyper child of 16months lol xxx
  • frillypink - the sales at toys r us have started! we got loads on sale today

train table and train set - ??200 down to ??100
    a 4ft tonka fire engine - ??60 down to ??30
    a police rescue helicopter - ??24 down to ??12

plus a slide for ??20 when i was looking at paying ??40 in elc
    and a toy story scooter (thomas was out of stock) for ??24 when in argos they average on ??35!

i saved about ??170!
  • Kade will be 27m by xmas and so far we have got him:

Roary the racing car racing track
    Disney Cars toy laptop
    Roary bouncy castle (not a massive one lol)
    Mr potato head
    Tom's helicoptor (from fireman sam)
    Dino roar

If we get anything else it will no doubt just be a few bits. He gets way too much stuff off rels anyway.