Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

New Bed.....

Do u remember a few weeks back I was asking about putting My little girl (almost 18 months) In a bed.... well she is now coming up for 19 months and tonight is the night!!! yes, very funny timing i know with it being Valentines night- i honestly dont know what i was thinking lol! we are not going to have a quiet night in thats for sure!

Anyway, we just set up her bed after her nap this afternoon and when we showed her the room she couldnt stop smiling- she loved it, she kept getting in and out with a massive 'im gunna have so much fun now' look on her face!!

We have put a stair gate at the top of the stairs as it wouldnt fit across her door- all should be OK i will have to let u know tommorrow anyway
Again, thanks for all the help and advice before
Fingers crossed she behaves herself hey :roll:

Hannah xx

Replies

• well dont hun! brooke went into a bed at 16 months she has never fallen out and dosnt get out of bed! lol. she dosnt even get out when she wakes up in the morning just sits there till i go in then gets up! hope ur lo is the same and just takes too it!

her first night in the bed she got up twice just after she had gone to bed. it took us about half hour to settle her but she has been fine since!

cant wait to hear how u got oN! xx
  • Hopefully she'll be a good girl for you then!! Let us know how you get on, it may give me hope for Poppy!!
    xx
  • Well, the first night it took about an hour of keep going in and out of her room and putting her back in the bed she kept going and getting her toys and books out of her chest lol!! But she was fine all night and in the morning came into our room which was really cute with her big cheesy grin
    Last night she went to sleep in half hour after a few trips getting out of bed but she stayed in her room until i went in and she was sitting in bed playing with cuddly toys. Overall shes been so good and she loves her bed- taken to it so well.
    Good luck Donna- im sure Poppy will be just as good.
    Hannah xx
  • How was she last night??! I'm going to talk to oh about getting her room decorated and then we can put her bed up and bite the bullet!
    She woke up this morning with a huge bruise on her head from where she must have banged it on the bars in the night!
    xx
  • Shayla was fine again, really good for us. I would do it sooner rather than later,,,, she absoloutly loves it and it has been no hassle (not like i was dreading) she has only come out of her room the once on the first morning but she hasnt done it again- she just plays with her toys. I also was worried about naps in the day she wouldnt settle but she does, she points to her room when she is tired and says night night when she gets in her bed and then is fast asleep bless her
    Im glad i did it when i did because i was gunna wait for a month or so but its worked out so well. I hope u have the same with Poppy when you go for it hun, Good luck xx

Hannah