Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

*my 17 month old*

Wow, with this pregnancy, its making me realize how fast my daughter has grown. It was only a year ago when she was the baby in my belly. (We're having a baby BOY in Sept)
She had many ear infections while her speech was first developing, so she was hard of hearing and couldn't talk because of it. Now she's on a roll! She says "thank you", "poo poo", "hi there" "momma", and "da da". She has gotten so well with letting us know what she wants.
She LOVES to color. Especially on the white walls and doors.. (Praise the Lord for the "magic clean" sponge, takes it all off)

She plays tag, and this may sound weird, but she tries to do stuff intentionally to make us laugh.

she is and always has been, very cautious, with food, closing doors so she doesn't slam her little fingers, sitting down, so she doesn't miss her seat.

Her feet, have always been an issue. When she was a NB she couldn't wear a lot of her sleepers because her feet were too big. Her shoes last her a month! She is 17 months a size 5, I know that's probably normal for her age, but Wow! Already? A 5? She had to go without new shoes for a few weeks, she had a suddent growth spurt, and $ was a little too tight. So yesterday and the day before, we went and bought her 3 or 4 pairs of shoes! I bought a size 6, incase she has to go w/o shoes again, were already prepaired. But I bought her the cutest pair! They're Lilac plaid, they're the 'flats' style shoes! They are adorible, I like them so much I want to find a pair for me!

How are your toddlers doing?
Share some stories!

Replies

• hi.

my lo is 19months old now and everyday it scares me how quick it has gone. she seems so alert and into everything. everyday is something new. she was quite slow too walk (15months) but very good with her speech. she says most things and sings songs. she counts to 3 (probably just from we saying it but it cute).she repeats everything you say which sometimes isnt good.lol. she is wearing 9-12months clothes and has just gone into a size 31/2 in a shoe. i suppose she is quite petite for her age but we had quite a feeding problems since birth but they seem to have sorted themselves out (although she can still be very lazy). chloe loves to draw and bake. she loves reading her books and playing with her "babies" which i hope will help when we manage to conceive the next one. she loves being in the garden and is always climbing on something and most weeks has a new bruise to show for it.lol. i cant believe how much fun and joy she has brought me. here's hoping my next is just as easy and contented as my wee button is.xx
  • Hiya
    Mine is also 17months old. I honestly think I am the luckiest Mum in the world as she is such a delight. She's only been walking for 2months and her speech is also coming on in leaps and bounds. Her sense of humour is just like her Dad's, a real tease, their going to gang up on me later I'm sure! LOL.
    There hasn't been a day gone by that I'm not greeted with the biggest smile. It was only this Sunday past when hubbie & I were having a kiss n cuddle in the front room, we both felt something on our legs and we looked down to see Hali with her arms raised up, grinning and making "mwah" noises at us, we scooped her up and had the best cuddle ever.
    It seems that from a baby to a little lady has happened overnight. My favourite time of day is first thing in the morning when she just sits on my lap drinking her milk and watching a bit of television, she cuddles in for a while and we have lots of kisses before we start our day, it's heaven.
    Shame you can't make time stand still, if only for a moment.
    I only hope the arrival of her sister in 4 weeks or so won't be too much of an upset, she has been wonderful with my friends newborns so fingers crossed.
    Ell x