Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Did you know . . .

. . . that by the age of 2 most toddlers will already be half their adult height??

I read this is a magazine last week and thought I'd share it.

If that's right then it means my 2 year old will be 6ft as he's 27 months and already 3ft tall!!

Kelly x

Replies

• scary cause lo is nearly 7 months & is already 2 1/2 foot!!!
  • hi beebee

sounds like your baby is half giant!! lol!!

i thought my lo was tall for his age, not sure now!!

kelly x
  • hi,my lo was last measured at 5 months and was 2 1/2 foot then,and i no hes grown even more as his 6-9 months jeans dont fit in the leg and hes on 9-12 month vests,his dad 6.6 so i think lennon will be like the jolly green giant by the time hes 16
  • hi grudie

it's scary to think that these tiny little things will one day be taller than us isn't it??!!

my youngest is 6 weeks now and everyone keeps saying how long he is so i think he's going to go the same way as my toddler and be towering over me soon!!

kelly x
  • yeah it is funny,i;m 5.1 so hes past my knees already,sometimes tho i get fed up hearing that hes big coz am like relly i didnt notice before now lol,how big was your lol when born?
  • do you mean weight wise? if so he was 8lb 13 1/2 oz, i didn't think at the time he was long, didn't have anything to compare him to then!!

my youngest was 8lb 4 1/2 oz and was 10lb 6oz on wednesday so he's not put that much on in 6 weeks which might be what is making him look longer, who knows?!

i think each child is different, i'm taller than both of my parents, my older sister is smaller than me and my younger one is taller than me so as it goes down in age we get taller!

kelly x
  • did your lo get measured? lennons my first and he was 9lb 71/2 oz and 57cm long,he was 9 days over due and also had 2 webbed toes on each foot,my family are all short asses but oh is big which must be where lo gets it from,although he gets it from his mum coz his dad is small lisa x
  • my lo is 22months and 3ft tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was born 8lb7oz and 52cm long
    she wears 3-4yrs trousers, her dad is 6ft2in tall and im 5ft7
  • my lo is 22months and 3ft tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was born 8lb7oz and 52cm long
    she wears 3-4yrs trousers, her dad is 6ft2in tall and im 5ft7