Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

own bed :)

Well after alot of thinking about putting her into a bed a month or two ago, we finally had to put her into a bed last thurs as she decided she would climb out of her cotbed, god knows how tho as its huge. so on thurs avo i went into town and bought a small bed for her and as soon as we put it together she was trying to climb all over it and saying good night whilst pretending to sleep, it was so cute! She slept really well that avo and stayed in her bed the whole time, but in the evening she stayed up playing with toys for an hour before falling to sleep on the masses of pillows next to the bed (these were placed there as she kept jumping off the bed and i dont want her to get hurt). 5 nights on, she is sleeping really well once she's had a little play but still falls asleep on the pillows, so i then have to move her into the bed, but we are getting there and it really isnt as bad as i thought it would be bearing in mind she is only 15months, but for anyone thinking of putting their lo into a bed then id go for it as tegan loves it and also likes to play for an hour before she gets me up of a morn which is great :lol: xxxx

Replies

• We put Shayla in her bed on Saturday and i totally agree- i think its better to do it sooner rather than later, she loves her little bed and keeps saying night night everytime i take her into her room lol!!! i think they like the new independance and being able to get toys in the morning. All our babies are growing up into right lilttle ladies and gentlemen lol!!
    Glad your getting on well with the bed hun xx
  • oh my god i wish i was brave enough! finlay is 14 months and he's in cot - im so worried about him trying to climb out and hurting himself! i just can't imagine he would stay in the bed at all as when we put him to bed he is all over it gets up cries etc! do your lo's have kids duvets? fins in sleeping bag and can't sleep without so perhaps i need to get him to learn to sleep without before a bed!
  • Tegan wouldnt settle if she was it our bed with us, she would just try climbing over us and wanting play so was surprised when she settled in her own bed. as for the duvet situation, she still uses both, if its cold then i put her sleeping bag on as it keeps her warmer as she doesnt keep her duvet on all night xx
  • Hi well done to tegan as when ellie my first was that age we tried her in her own bed at 18 months and she wouldnt sleep in it we had to put her cot back up and we tried several times to get her in own bed but she was in her cot until she was about 2 1/2 she was ok though as it was a big cot bed, Leo is 17 months and still in his cot but i have a dilemma as the baby is 7 months and im hopefully wanting to put him in the same room.