Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What a morning! Need to off-load

Hubby went back to work today, after 6 days off, which always throws Spence so I knew it wasn't going to be a great day. However, nothing could've prepared me for my morning...
He woke at 6:10 (bloody clocks changing). He emptied his box of porridge mix over the kitchen floor and made cereal angels in it! Tore all the animals out of his pop-up Old McDonald book cos I went to the loo and left him downstairs. Shut his head in my sliding wardrobe doors. Squeezed baby bubblebath over the carpet. And the finale ladies and gents...took his nappy off and ate his poo! So I've been on the phone to NHS Direct who said he should be fine but may have a dodgy tum in the next 24 hours; mmm I'll look forward to that.
Hubby on 12 hour day shift today, and the next 3 days, so it's just me ALL day.

Liz x

Replies

• Options
    Oh hun! sounds like your day is a real blast(not!!)
    I can't top your morning but my little one did get hold of my talc and when I found her she was white as a ghost and sneezing for england-little madam lol!!
    My eldest wrote POO in the codensation on my front window(that runs along a busy road) that was sooooo embarrasing, I was wondering what the drivers going past were laughing at.
    My hubby is on 12hr shifts too, today days then two nights then 4 nights aaarrrgggghhhh!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    LOL @ the talc incident. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, how did you get it all out your carpet? I can just picture a LO with a "butter wouldn't melt" expression, looking like an antique statue!

Liz x
  • Options
    well my hoover is completely full of white dusty powder-I'm dreading emptying it....one gust of wind and poof i will look like Ive already got my halloween costume!!!lol
    I did have to laugh though as she told me it didn't taste very nice........hello its talc not sherbert!!!!!!
    I hope your little man has settled down. Abby is at nursery this afternoon so I get a little break and my sanity returns again for three hours!!!!
  • Options
    Oh god poor you. .hope you escape the dodgy tummy.
    We seem to have many days like this at the moment and not that long a go found Angelo with his nappy off and playing with his poo. He was covered from head to toe and may or may not have sampled a bit of poo.
    I seem to be having one of those MONTHS and to top it all have a builder working on the house so the naps are going a bit pear shaped.
    Good luck for the next few days.xx
  • Options
    Oh poor you - hope things are better now :\)
    Thank you tho for making me smile at the idea of the cereal angel!!! :lol:
  • Options
    I'm sorry hun, I know this isn't what you want to hear but that has really made me laugh!!! I hope that he escapes the dodgy tummy and that he behaves himself for the rest of the day! Thank you for making my slightly stressed morning look like a walk in the park by comparison!
    xx
  • Options
    aw poor u image
    did make me chuckle though (sorry) at least its not just me with a child that turns into the devil. i have turned my back for a min or two and oliver has thrown all available make up and brushes down the loo and covered himself in anti wrinkle cream, lol the list of olivers moments is endless
    xx
  • Options
    hi oh dear u are having a bad day .....can i just say try not to worry about the poo thing when jack was 10 months old we went to the park for a run about and he was playing happily in the park where no dogs are allowed only when i got closer i realised he had dog poo on his hands and had just put some in his mouth i was devastated i wiped him quickly and he was gagging i dont think he swallowed it but i took him to a&e and the nurse asked me what type of dog poo it was as different ones carry different germs !!gees did she think i had time to sample it while i was trying to get it off my son ??!!!needless to say i never let him go more than a foot away from me now even in the "dog free"areas and he was fine no upset stomach or anything thank the lord!! x x xx x x x x
  • Options
    Well, I escaped the dodgy tum...phew.
    Hubby has finished day shift and I have 3 lonely nights to look forward to now!
    I expect Spence will launch himself out his cot or try to strangle himself with his bumper. Joking!

Thanks for the tales of your LO's misadventures. At least I know I'm not alone. He's been really good this morning actually; I had some housework to do so I made him a fort with the dining chairs and throw and he sat happily in it while I dusted and hoovered. Bless.

Liz x