Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What age does she stop having milk at night??

Hello everyone!
My daughter is just two and I was wondering when does she stop having milk at night??? She has a bottle before bed but she is slowly drinking less of this one but she'll wake up around 5am and down a whole bottle and then sleep for another two hours.
Any thoughts?
Thank you!
xx

Replies

• drop the 5am business-you need your sleep! if can't just stop(may take few nights) then keep watering it down & reducing amount til not worth waking for. also, try getting her on a cup to make her feel more grown up-maybe you could suggest that big girls don't need a drink at night. good luck x x
  • hi,
    id stop giving her a bottle at 5am! no way should your 2 year old still be waking up for a bottle.
    regarding the milk at night, my eldest is almost 5 and still has a cup of warm milk before she goes upstairs to bed. dont stop giving milk its good for kids but dont be getting out of bed to get a bottle of milk for her.
  • Hey thudson
    Had exactly the same problem with my wee one until I put him in a big bed last week. Has slept through 7 till 7-8 ever since!
    Is she in a big bed yet, just a thought. xx
  • i switched mine onto a cup at that age and he just decided he wasn't bothered about it any more!! still make sure he has a cup of milk during the day though! x.