Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

What's your thoughts on this ladies?

Hi all. My dd is 15 months old and she's just started to tell us by tapping her nappy and pulling at it at the front that she's dirty or wet. She only has to do one wee and she's telling me that she's wet. Earlier she was tapping her nappy and moaning at me and I said it' jsut a wee you don't need changing yet as i'd only changed her about an hour before. Anyway she went mad and walked to the bottom of the stars and was crying for me to take her upstairs to change her nappy, well in the end i changed her as she wouldn't calm down and there was only 1 wee in it.

Now do you think this is just because she is able to tell me that she's wet or dirty or that she knows shes going to do it and is asking for the toilet/potty etc? Im not sure whether to even consider putting her on the loo yet as im sure she's too young. But everytime she wee's she's telling me and im going to go through alot of nappies if she carries on like this. I do have a potty but she's scared of it and doesn't want to even sit on it so i was thinking about getting a toilet seat to try. What do you think i should do and do you think i should wait till she's older?????

Gem.xxx

Replies

• sounds like shes ready. shes making very obvious signs. i'd give the toilet seat a try x
  • Give it a go - no harm in trying.......certainly seems like she's ready. x
  • I agree, can't hurt to try. Millie still doesn't tell me when her nappy is wet and she is nearly 2 1/2!
  • Benjamin is 17mths and just started to say "bum-bum"and point at his nappy when hes done a number 2!
    Like you said he is scared of the potty too and wont sit on it either but im thinking of starting soon as he is aware of when he is doing a poop now so cant hurt to try!!!
    I rthink its really good that your little girl is starting to tell you so soon and as everyone else says it cant hurt to try if she doesnt take to it can always leave it abit longer...as for the potty fear i think if you use it as a play thing daily maybe sit her toys on ect she will get used to it!thats what im going to do with ben
  • Thats a good sign for easy potty training! Definately worth trying a toilet seat if she won't try the potty. Cole has just turned 1 and we are starting sitting him on his potty just in the morning and night for now to get him used to it. He sits, we clap and praise him and he thinks its great lol.

Teh one we have is like a mini toilet - from mothercare, it has a big seat that you can put ont he toilet later and when the lid goes down it can be used as a step.

It can't hurt to try, if she doesn't like it you can always stop again.
  • No harm in trying. Sounds ready,
  • sounds like she may be ready, tegan is the same age and i dont think she really notices when she wee's or poo's yet. Theres no harm in trying, if she doesnt want to use the toilet then she wont so you wont be losing anything, as the seat will come in handy later xxx
  • did you give it a try hun? xx