Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

your reviews on the Maxi cosi Mura 3/4

Also in pregnancy

As it says rly.
I love it and was wondering how it is on public transport. And if a buggy board fits onto it? I do need the all terrain aswel as using it on buses.

Many thanks
Jenn
28+5

Replies

• Options
    I have the Maxi Cosi Mura 3. To be honest I have never used it on public transport but it is so heavy i really dont think i would be able to do it alone anyway. The frame is quite bulky and it just fits into the boot of my car which is a BMW 1 series which is a fairly decent sized boot. The actual seat that you can only use from 6 months also has to be taken off before closing the frame.
    Until my dd was old enough to use the seat i was just clipping the car seat in the frame and using it that way which was very handy when she was asleep in the car as we wouldnt wake her.

Unfortunatly it cannot be closed down with the seat in which is sometimes a bugger.
    Not sure about a buggy board but im sure there is one out there that would be compatible.
    My dd is 16 months old and im currently 4+1 with #2 so im having to consider what im going to do.xx
  • Options
    Thanks gemma.
    We have a zafira and when baba arrives only one of the bakc seats will be up so should still have enough room.
    Im not going to collapse in for the buses just wondered width wise, would you say bigger than a quinny
  • Options
    Id say the quinny is slightly smaller width wise but probably not by much. I know the quinny weighs about 12kg where as the mura is nearly 17kg.
    It depends what your looking for.
    The mura is really good for off road walking etc. I love it just sometimes wish it wasnt so bulky.x
  • Options
    We have the Mura 3 and have found it fab for the unmade track we live down, and walking in the woods etc. However it is bulky and heavy for the car, having to remove the buggy seat/canopy is a bit of a faff, but it was great for clipping the car seat into while DD was small, good basket too.
    I don't use it on public transport, and wouldn't really want to tbh, it would be a bit big I think? A smaller, lighter system would probably be better in than situation. I believe it is slightly wider than a Quinny by about 3 or 4 cm?
    I do love it though and it seems so comfy for DD with a good recline to nearly flat, although the straps are a bit too high to use on a newborn in my opinion. They came down past DD ears at 6 months still rather than over her shoulders! :lol:

Iz & Skye x
  • Options
    thanks girls........it does sound like its going to be far too wide for the bus.

What do you think about this one?
    http://www.babythings4u.co.uk/item/obaby-oyster-travel-system--green
  • Options
    Hey,

Ooooh i like it!! Certainly looks quite versatile and lightweight. Definalty doesnt look as wide as the mura.
    xx

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/kbuRp1.png

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/lktVp1.png