Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

named after?

We named our first born son after Daddy and all of our boys middle names are after their Grandads/Great Gandads and Great Uncle.

As I grew up I hated my name (Elaine Joyce) but now I feel honered to be named after both of my nans especially as 1 has now passed away!

I just wondered how many of you have done this as it seems to be a tradition that is dying out.

Elaine xx

Replies

• on my oh side of the family the first son has there dads first name for there middle name ( my oh first name is alex so my sons middle name is alex) if that makes sence. x.
  • we gave our daughter the name chloe because it was the only name we both liked without arguing about it.lol. but her middle name is catherine after her great gran and any other children we have will also have a middle name from within the familly. i think its so nice to follow on names. my nephew is named after his dad who was named after his dad.xx
  • We chose my sons first name according to his horoscope as is the thai way but his middle name is my maiden name which is what we use on a daily basis, so we did use a family name but not a first name.

[Modified by: Beebee on September 23, 2008 11:44 AM]

• Hi

Matthew is Matthew cos we both liked the name and his middle name is John after his Daddy.

:\) :\)
  • I have 4 childre Jacob Peter, we liked the name Jacob and Peter is my dad and fil name although it was purely coincidence we never really named him after them, Megan Louise not named after anyone, Alice Emily not really named after anyone although the lovely mw who delivered her was Emma which hubbby didnt like (name not mw) so we compromised with Emily and Isaac James not named after anyone either. x
  • well my daughter is emelie-mae ( named after emily the strange goth girl) and she was born in may) our son is tyler shea ( named after tyler durden fight club our fave film shea- shea stadium where the beatles played in newyork our 2nd son travis stanley (travis from the film if and just liked the name stanley
  • not the first names but all mindle names, i personal dont see the point in giving a child a middle name if its just one you have picked out of thin are like there first names, my son has my husbands dads name for his middle name, and our daughter has his mums. and the little boy we are expecting will have my dads name for his middle name x