Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Train travel, toddler & luggage???????

Hi everyone- off to london tomorrow with my 2yo little boy, going to house-sit my uncles house whilst he is away. O/h is not coming because of work, but my grandma is coming. We are going on the train, and just wondered if anyone had any advice.

I have got a smallish suitcase on wheels and have packed clothes in there, but not much room for anything else. I also have one of those toddler ready beds, and that comes in a carry case thing. Its not too big, but just wondered if you think it would be easier to take a big suitcase & pack everything in there (inc the ready bed) or to take the smaller suitcase and carry the bed etc separately?? And is there a limit of size of suitcase you can take on a train??

Will also have the lightweight pushchair.. dreading it lol xxx

Replies

• i feel for you hun, if you have the larger case on wheels i would take that and put everything in it. when my little boy was about 2 and a half we took him on a 200 mile train ride with two weeks worth of luggage for 3 and a pushchair i was also 32 weeks pregnant at the time. the less bags you have to carry the better as you also have to be able to get them on and off the train and you dont want to be getting on and of the train a few times to get all your stuff. but also pack a nappy bag, or rucksack with snacks, pens and paper ect and if you can get a seat with the tables so that he can happily play the jorney away x