Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Garden Toy recommendations?

Think it's time to get a few outdoor toys for the Spring! Isaac is 14 months and a good walker. He really love slides so definitely want to get one for the garden, perhaps with a little climbing frame, depends on price! Anyone recommend a decent slide? I want something he's not going to grow out of too soon.

Also he loves playhouses but these seem to be really pricey, had a quick look at the little tikes ones, my God how much! image Anyone have a playhouse that they recommend. Might wait til he's a bit older and will have to work out if we have the space for one!

What garden toys do you have and what does lo enjoy most? xx

Replies

• We haven't got any toys specific for the garden. Last summer I brought the elf paddling pool which has the sun canopy and filled it up with balls. It's currently in her bedroom. Otherwise it's just ball, sit on car and pram to play with.

Someone recoomended me the little tikes whale see saw. It canbe used for 1,2,3 children. Little tikes do see saws for 1 child, but we opted for the whale as we would like several children.

I'm also thinking about a slide so I will be watching this post.

• Get a cheap paddling pool and fill it with those balls you buy in big packs. Keeps them happy and you have 2 in one as obviously have a paddling pool too!

Toys R Us do some good outdoor rocking toys and see saws.

If u want any Little Tikes things look on ebay for 2nd hand as it's so expensive new.
  • Poppy has a trampoline, cosy car coupe and a climbing frame from Little Tikes that is like this one:
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-4959.aspx it's fab and she loves it! I can't find the link to the one she has but it's very good and despite it being outside all winter it's still fab!
    I agree with trying e bay - Little Tikes stuff is so expensive and I would have searched e bay if I'd had to buy Poppy's myself!
    xx
  • I LOVE the houses but they are so expensive - I was hoping they would've been reduced at Christmas but they weren't... I got lucky last month when my mom found a 2nd hand one for Isla at a charity shop where she volunteers - it's great!

We got dd a little tikes sandbox for her 2nd bday and filled it with play sand - it's a hit with her and her little friends (the suggested ages are from 1 to 6 so lots of good use out of it). She also has a teeter-totter which she can do on her own or with a friend.

Hope you find something soon - there are so many options. ToysRus has loads to choose from too and you should be to "test drive" before you bring it home just to make sure LO enjoys it.
  • we persuaded grandparents to buy shea a house!!! and he does love it and has a table and chair in there and he'll often go hiding in there!!

He also has a paddling pool and sandpit for summer, and he has a motorised quad bike and a trike.
    Best of all is his bob the builder set and hard hat (loves to help dad fix things) and also his watering can, bucket and his spade and trowel set gets the most played with!!

we are considering a slide for this year but we have 2 great parks near us the nearest is a 1 minute walk away so not sure as we use this all the time.

we'll also be getting him his first proper bike this year
  • Loads of great ideas, thanks. Will have to get a bigger garden :lol:

We already have a ball pit and sand pit so can't get too much more. Still really want to get him a house, will have to find a cheap one! That slide and climbing frame looks good too Donna!
  • hi we bought daisy a slide for her scond birthday a little tikes giant slide.it was ??90 and she loves it. it may be bit big for a 15 month pld it has 5 steps. they do a large one wg=hich has 3 steps for me i would go with the bigger one and help him up as he would grow out a small slide quickly. we also have a sand and water table which she has used loads since 14 months old. ours is from elc about ??40. and surprisingly those awful bubble blower things that you push along. it is strictly an outside toy cus so messy but she loves it x