Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Missing Out Meals?

Sam is 13 months old and some days he wont eat his lunch but will eat his dinner. Other days he will eat his lunch and not his dinner. Tonight for instance he's only taken a few spoonfuls of his dinner.

Is this normal or should I worry?

Emilie and Sam x x x

[Modified by: EmilieB1988 on 16 November 2008 17:43:45 ]

Replies

• So long as he's got a balanced diet I wouldn't worry about his appetite varying.
    I've given up offering a proper meal at lunchtime cos he never wants to sit down and eat. I just do an assortment of snacks which he munches on as he's wandering around.

Liz x
  • Ben is the same,hes 15mths and some days seems to just snack on funger foods and only take a couple of spoonfuls of his lunch and dinner.other days will eat everything in sight!!!!Its fairly normal as they get older i believe
  • Lennon is like this i gave up trying to make him eat lunch,he just gets a fruit stick,packet of raisins,pkt of crisps,and a fromage fraise(sp) sound a lot but its not,i just rather he had a good dinner so he doesnt get hungry at night,i think they get to a point where they no if they are hungry or not i think you just have to go with the flow,i used to just put a plate of stuff down and he would pick at it,so if hes hungry he will eat it thats my motto lol
  • I can only agree with everything that's been said. My lo mis 18mnths and some days he eats us out of house and home then the next he just bits and bobs. As long as your lo is happy and growing I wouldn'y worry.