Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bump+pain+toddler???

Hello lovely ladies!!!

As Eoin nears the 15 month mark I am beginning to asess the idea of baby number two! However among many thoughts and feelings one thing that niggles me is how you cope when you start getting 'big' with a toddler to chase after?? I only ask because once I hit about 35 weeks I had quite severe pelvic pain when I moved around from the strain of the bump (I have a very slim frame). the midwife suggested the support gurdle thing but it didnt help. I found moving the slightest little bit very painful. so I know it sounds silly but Im worrying about being able to cope in those later weeks...... do you find you just 'do it' and manage or have you any tips/advice??? thank you xxxxx

Replies

• i am 23 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and brooke is 18 months it is hard work running around after them. i took brooke to kidds kingdom yesterday and it killed me! lol but she enjoyed it! am dreading getting bigger but she is walking now so i dont have to carry her everywhere.. i think u just have to get on with it! xx
  • My lo is 12 months and I am 19 weeks pregnant with number two. He has been walking since he was 11 months which has been a help and the first 12 weeks were hard as I had awful morning sickness this time but at the moment I'm finding it ok.
    I live abroad so don't have any family around to help out which makes it hard too but my mum is going out for two weeks around when the baby is due so she can help me get organised and look after our little boy when number two arrives.

I don't think it is ever easy when you already have one lo but if you would like another then I would just go for it! xxx
  • Hello
    My lo will be 15 months next week and I am 25+6 pg, I think you just get on with it. I suffered a lot of pain in my hips and pelvis between 3 and 5 months pg which I never did carrying Freya. You just get on with it because you have too. Freya is not yet walking either so I am still having to do a lot of lifting and carrying. I hope she is walking by the time LO arrives, but if not I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Kerry, Freya and Pink Bump
    X X X
  • There are 12 months between my girls so I wasn't chasing a toddler but I had bad pelvic pain towards the end of 2nd pregnancy and was having to carry Lily everywhere! It was tough at times but you just muddle through it as best you can. And stock up on pain killers lol!

xxx