Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

treating constipation?

Hello,
Can I have some tips and advice please. Aplogise for TMI,

At the w/e was the first time my lo has suffered with constipation. She didnt go sat and sun you could tell it was a struggle and in pain to poo. When she went hubby said it was very solid. She went mon am and it was semi solid so I thinking it was getting better. Then mon eve it was solid again. It was in pellets but just a solid lump. I guess you could say more formed like an adults, but its obviously quite a large sizer for a toddler to pass.

Been trying to encourage her to drink. Apart from prune juice is thereany other type of drink she should be having in particular? and ow much should she be drinking?
Ive been rubbing her tummy and doing bicycle movement with her leg. Ive been looking at her diet and she has fibre in every meal, just need to up her fruit and veg. What else can I do to help her.
Shes been straining again this morning. She has been going every other day this last week but I didnt think much of it as very loose as teething.

Replies

• Options
    My 2 love prune juice so we stick with that, but freshly squeezed orange juice is good. Or the two mixed together to make the prune taste better.
    Does she like weetabix, dd1 was never regular until she had that ever morning.
    I hope she's comfortable soon x x x
  • Options
    Brown sugar in water is also supposed to help. Think holland and barrat do things suitable for Los to help to x
  • Options
    we give our daughter orange juice and it works evrytime! you could also try a few bits of a satsuma if she is eating ok???
    we went to the docs for it once and was given lactulose?

good luck hun i know iits awful when they are uncomfortable image i hope she is better soon!! xxx
  • Options
    Apple juice, warm bath, dried apricots, as much fruit as you can get into her.
    Have you tried sitting her in front of you on the toilet? That helps Connor go, i take a book in to keep him occupied
    xxxx