Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TV

My 14 month old does not watch TV at all. He occasioanlly shows interest at theme tunes and does a little dance. Many of your LO's on here seem to have TV time, or a fave programme. Just wondering at what age did your LO's start to watch TV...

Replies

• hi, my lo is 15mths and she doesnt pay any attention to the tv at all! i dont really have it on in the day, only when she has her afternoon nap, but my 4 yr old likes it on for 1/2 hr when she finishes school and my 15 mth old doesnt even look at it and carries on playing. xxx
  • i wouldnt be worried at all. freya didnt watch tv at his age, she is 21 months and she has only started to pay it any attention in the last couple of months. now there are a few things that she will sit and watch for a little while but she certainly isnt a telly addict, and she is yet to sit and watch a whole programme. she asks for the telly on tyen just walks off! it hink that she just likes the back round noise, she is very very bussy little girl, always playing and i preffer this to her sitting and watching tv all the time.

my friends little girl is 4 months younger than freya and completely addicted to tv! her mum has to have it off if she wants her to any thing but sit and stare at it!
    they are all really differnt and have different things that interest them, i certainly wouldnt be worried about it. xxx
  • put 'The Wiggles' on that will get there attention!!!
  • My lo is 16months and has only just started to watch tv. I have purposely not put it on I don't really want him to watch too much, now he has half hour before dinner (to let me have time to cook dinner lol) and he loves the mickey mouse clubhouse!x
  • Thank goodness I am not the only one who does not encourage lo to watch tv. I have friends whose 10/11/12 month olds are already addicted to cbeebies. there is no way that LO is going to be dictating to me when he wants to watch TV! Thanks girls
  • My 2yr old isn't interested either. He loves music though and will bop along to theme tunes like 'timmy time' or 'mio mao' but as for actually watching them he couldn't care less. He does however love the shapes on mr maker but that's it, tbh I'm quite happy for him to stay like that, I used to get worried when everyone else went on about Los being into 'in the night garden' etc but aside from appreciating the advantages to 30 mins for myself I've accepted it's far better he's playing instead. I'm sure come the teenage years we'll still be alongside all the other mums moaning about how long they spend infront of whatever the newest games console of the time is lol
  • There isnt a Tv in our house, so our dd cant get addicted...problem solved image
  • maddie has seen the tv on every morning for a while already but she doesnt watch it cos its only the news in the morning. i bought her an In the night Garden DVD when she was 13mths old and started putting it on a few times a week for 1/2 hour and now at 15mths she has just started paying attention and really enjoying watching it.

So she sees morning news ofr about and hour in the morning (but just plays while i watch and have brekky) and then 1/2 hour of a DVD about 3/4 days a week.

I started showing her it so that if I need to keep her busy I know she'll sit still for a while. And yeah like some of you said maddie likes the musical parts the best, not so much the stories in the shows... she just likes dancing to the theme songs etc. lol.

xxx