Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

How much does your lo sleep during the day?

Hi, was wondering how many naps and for how long your lo's sleep during the day? Angelo is 16 months, he was having 2 naps, one in the morning 1 1/2-2 hrs and an afternoon nap which was anything from 30 mins to 1 1/2 hours. The last few weeks the naps have been hit a miss and I'm wondering whether he's ready to drop one of the naps. But then if he misses the afternoon nap he is a wreck by 4pm. What do your lo's do? x

Replies

• Alex is 21months (but the size of a 12month old) and generally has 1 nap at around 11am (ish) to about 1pm (ish).......all my lot r up about 6/6.30am every morning!

He does get a bit grumpy by 5pm but dinner is usually about 5/5.30pm and eating gives him a boost for about an hr then we start the wind-down to bed at 7/7.30pm.
  • Ollie is 19 months and normally has one nap during the day. This is normally at 9 for 1-2 hours. He always has his nap at 9 as he gets up at 6 every morning and I find he's really tired by then.
    He dropped his afternoon naps whilst I was in hospital having his sister and since then he goes to bed at 5pm and wakes at 6am.
  • Lexie is 14months now and since she was 9months she has only had an afternoon nap for 1hour sometimes 1&1/2hours if shes had a bad night she sleeps from 8:30pm-9am,so maybe try shortening his morning nap see if that helps
    Lin28+6
  • Hi Nicole, hope your feeling well and not too tired.

Kade's not far off 16 months and has 1 nap a day which is usually always after his lunch and is for an hour. That is all he needs however as you know he does sleep right through so I guess he doesn't need much more.

He used to have two naps a day and when he dropped the morning one I was so worried he'd be a grumpy little man come later but I just followed his lead and he was fine.
    Maybe best just to let him do his own thing??

Anyway, hope your ok and managing to get a bit of rest.
  • Hi
    Since Isobel was 18mths she hasn't slept during the day unless in car but does sleep from 7-7 most nights. (When she gets grumpy mid afternoon and still won't sleep I give her a snack and she sits quietly - too stubborn to give in and sleep!) x
  • Hiya,

My lo is 19 months old now and she usually has an afternoon nap which lasts for 1 hour ish. I miss the regular hourly morning and afternoon naps as I could get loads fo jobs done!! Ah well.

Charlotte
  • Thanks for all your replies. I think he's probably heading more towards one nap a day (boo!). But I'm not completely sure as he's always been one to fight sleep and the last couple of days has not slept during the day at all, even though he's can barely stand up due to tiredness! I will play it by ear and hope we both know what we're doing soon! xxx