Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HELP ME!!

my youngest - isaac-elijah is 14months old and has been waking in he night for a bottle again! hes been doing this on and off for a few months now and with a baby due in june i dont fancy getting up with both all night. i tried controlled crying and i think i cried more than he did. it worked but then about a week later he started getting up again. at the moment its only once a night but sometimes it can be up to 3 times!! HELP!!

Replies

• Options
    I think controlled crying may be worth a shot again...it's not nice at 1st but when ds2 started waking again when lo was a nb we had to do it or he'd want to come in our bed, no good when lo was waking 2-3 times for a feed! Only took 2 or 3nights but he was back to himself again without too much fuss!
    Do you think he's genuinely hungry or do you give bottle to help him sleep? If he is hungry, do you give him supper, like weetabix, to fill him up? That worked for our boys and we didn't give them it for a long time either.
    We bought ds2 a small iggle piggle for him to cuddle (beside his normal teddy) and said iggle piggle's in bed now so you stay there with him. Funny enough, that worked too!
    Hope something works...both our boys woke during the night when lo was born (not because she woke them, think it was just because she was here!) but soon got back to normal.
  • Options
    thanx alioli. i give him ready break for supper to make sure hes not hungry. its def. for comfort coz sometimes he'll have a few mouthfuls of milk and go bk to sleep! i have never given my boys dummies but did try wen this all started (no joy). controlled crying seems to be the only thing but its so hard and sometimes hes sick wen he cries so i have to go and clean him up and it just ruins the whole leaving him to settle himself. hes got a soft dog that he takes everywhere but throws it on the floor wen hes left to cry. we moved house 6 months ago and thats wen it started up again then i got it under control. then he was ill and it started up again and now we are due to move again april 25th and new baby is due in june. im really worried for his sake as well as my sanity!!