Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Night Weaning

Hi

My lo is almost 15 months old now and still wakes once during the night, i think its more out of habit now as she used to sleep through. I am thinking about starting to water down her bottle that i giove her during the night. Has anyone tried this before and it worked. Any advice would be grateful.

Thanks

Replies

• hi, my lo is nearly 18months and she was doing exactly the same thing. we watered down the bottle and it really did the trick. if she wakes in the night now she doesnt even ask for it. i started by adding a little water we got to about half and half when she stopped getting up for it.xx
  • hiya,does she have to have a bottle during the night,?the only advice i can offer is to use controlled crying its hard at first but it does work,she will have got into the pattern that when she wakes you go into her so she will continue to do it if she knows she can stir up mummy,try to be strict and leave her to settle herself if you can.good luk.x
  • my gran says just switch to water straight away - she was advising me this as soon as my lo's were born and swears by it! they soon give up bothering to wake up for it.
    she probably is waking out of habit as much as anything.
  • I had the same problem, Isabella was 14 months and still asking for a bottle around 11pm. Switched straight to all water in her bottle, I put it in her cot beside her before she woke at 11. Only took about two days before she realised no more milk in the night and now she sleeps through from 7 till 6 before she wakes for her bottle = Very happy mum !!!
  • i've still not had the nerves yet to go and change straight to water. I'm on holiday next week so i think i'll do it when i come back. Oh is nightshift then as well so its only me who will be kept up if she cries for milk lol.